What are the best dual fuel generators for RVs under $1000?
Let me just start by answering the question. The DUROMAX XP10000EH dual fuel portable generator for RV is currently occupying our #1 spot.
But, before you go thru our top 10 choices below, I have to admit right off the bat that not all the models are shown below are under 1000$. 2 of them are a little bit more expensive but we think they compensate for their higher power and reliability, so we had to include them. That being said, we focused solely on the ones which were built to fulfill the recreational vehicle (RVs) owner’s needs.
Before you ask, the answer is yes. All the models below will run your air conditioner and much more. However, some of the models are quieter than others. Some are more powerful than others. Check out our frequently asked question (FAQ) section for more information.
1. DUROMAX XP10000EH Gas Powered Portable Generator - Dual Fuel Portable Generator for RVs
Watt Electric Start Gas Powered Portable Generator
POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP10000EH is powered by a Duromax 18HP, 440cc OHV Engine.
POWERING EVERYONE EVERYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP10000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 States.
DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility to fuel choice.
MAXIMUM DUROMAX POWER: With Duromax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
PLENTY OF POWER: With 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, this unit is well equipped to handle heavy loads and high amperage power tools.
2. Champion 3400-Watt - Dual Fuel RV Ready Generator
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
Our 3400-watt inverter with electric start features Dual Fuel, allowing the 192cc engine to run on either gasoline or propane. Enjoy a quiet 59 dBA for up to 7.5 hours on gasoline or 14.5 hours on propane, and increase your power with the optional Parallel Kit which includes a 50-amp RV Ready outlet.
• Dual Fuel – Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box
• Quiet, Lightweight and Portable – Operates at 59 dBA and weighs less than 99 lb. with wheel kit, great for RVs, campsites, cabins and more
• Touch Start – Push-button electric start and battery maintenance Smart Charger (battery included)
• Parallel Ready – Connect with another Champion inverter for increased power
• Clean Power (<3% THD) – Clean electricity for powering sensitive electronics
• Runs up to 7.5 hrs. on a full tank of gas or 14.5 hrs. on a 20 lb. propane tank
• Economy Mode – Quieter operation, more fuel savings, longer engine life
• Quick Touch Panel – Easily access all controls in one convenient area
• Propane hose included
3. WEN DF475T 4750-Watt - Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Remember when you could run your generator off either gas or propane?
Remember when you could run your generator off either gas or propane? Whether we’re providing your home electricity during a crisis or charging your family’s cellphones at the campgrounds, WEN has been reliably lighting up lives since 1951. Now, with the WEN 4750-Watt Dual Fuel Electric Start Generator, you’ll be able to create power from two different sources.
Simply select your preferred method, either gasoline or LPG, and power on the generator using the electric start. Propane provides the generator with 4350 surge and 3500 running watts while gasoline creates up to 4750 surge and 3800 running watts. Our packed panel features two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, and a voltage selector to switch between 120V and 240V depending on the task at hand.
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year